As Debtor’s Counsel:
- Represents five affiliated debtors that own and operate multiple joint care clinics across the country in their chapter 11 cases, which involve litigation or other resolution of claims asserted by purported secured creditors and restructuring of the businesses for a successful reorganization.
- Represented the owner of one of Southern California’s oldest emergency transportation and ambulance companies in its chapter 11 case, successfully negotiating a favorable and equitable settlement with the largest secured creditor to resolve its claim and litigation claims against the Debtor and its insiders, thereby allowing the Debtor to confirm a liquidating plan that pays 100% of claims to former employees and other priority claimants.
- Counsel to two of the largest owners of El Pollo Loco franchises in Southern California as chapter 11 debtors, resolving significant disputes with the secured creditor and franchisor that allowed the debtors to reorganize their business through the competitive and strategic auction of certain franchise locations.
- Represented the owner of the highly successful Terminator motion picture franchise, and 10 of its affiliates, in their chapter 11 cases, which involved negotiating multiple settlements with the primary secured lender, unsecured creditors and equity holders, litigating complex, multi-million dollar claims disputes, and successfully selling the movie franchise.
- Represented 18 affiliated debtors of a national fitness center enterprise through the companies’ chapter 11 cases, successfully reorganizing the popular health club business and restructuring over $70 million in debt within seven months.
- Counsel for 8 affiliated debtors operating a successful nationwide closet organization business in their chapter 11 cases, in which a successful compromise was reached among the debtors, the secured lender and equity that allowed the debtors to voluntarily dismiss their bankruptcy cases and effectuate an out-of-court restructuring of debt.
- Served as debtors’ counsel for two of the largest cases recently filed in the Central District of California, with assets and liabilities exceeding $500 million, consisting primarily of real property assets held through numerous subsidiaries. Represented the individual and corporate debtors in the administration and strategizing of the extremely complex cases, as well as through numerous, heavily contested disputes and negotiations with creditors, investors and the Office of the United States Trustee, eventually leading to the appointment of chapter 11 trustees.
- Counsel for debtor company, which developed and manufactured a fleet location and tracking system that collects, stores, and processes vehicle data, as well as delivers the information to fleet managers through a website. The chapter 11 case was successfully reorganized in less than six months.